Our professional teaching team believes that children learn best through play. Our planned programme is based on Te Whaariki, the national early childhood curriculum document. Children are encouraged to make their own choices from a wide variety of learning opportunities and to develop their skills and interests with the assistance of teachers.
We are committed to supporting each child to realise their full potential physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually and spiritually.
Our planning is displayed within the centre and the children’s progress is documented through individual portfolios.
At Waiuku Childcare Centre, children will have the opportunity to:
- Develop their social skills by playing with and alongside other children and adults.
- Develop a sense of independence.
- Look after themselves, others and the environment.
- Understand and work within acceptable limits and boundaries.
- Develop problem-solving skills.
- Participate in the creative and expressive arts.
- Develop early mathematics and literacy skills.
- Develop their sense of humour.
- Develop physical self-confidence.
- Learn about difference.
- Persist and try new challenges.
- Develop an enthusiasm for learning.